Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gluten Free Heaven


Now I could tell you about my experience going to Buffalo Exchange resale store and finding a brand new dress with the original price tag at $158. In the resale shop it was selling for $8. Sold!!!...To me!! That's not what was so exciting. What was sooo exciting was what was next door... Gluten Free Bakery, Tu-Lu Bakery.

Finally!!! Something I can eat. Tully the owner is also Gluten Intolerant and after graduating culinary school came to New York and opened this shop in the East Village. I've been here twice in one week. The first time I went she had red velvet mini cup cakes for $1. A regular gluten free cup cake is $2.50. It is such a breath of fresh air to come into this place and finally be able to eat what's in here.

Another favorite of mine are the homemade breads. Honey Oat Bread $10.00 ($5 /half loaf) and the Wholegrain Sunflower bread $10.00 ($5 for half). Now I get the half loaf which lasts all week. The rest you can freeze and use when you want it. I can have a sandwich again!

They make birthday cakes which I have already starting planting the seeds so I can get one for my birthday. I also love that it is open late for a bakery. Enjoy...it is something to sing about for fellow Gluten Intolerant peeps. :))

Tu-Lu's Gluten-Free Bakery
338 East 11th Street
between 1st and 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10003

Hours
Monday - Thursday 10:30AM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday 10:30AM - 10:30PM
Sunday: 10:30AM - 9:00PM

No comments:

Post a Comment