Friday, October 15, 2010

First Frugal Buddha Post



I thought I'd share a typical Frugal Buddha day. It's not orthodox in any way.
If you happen to have the day off or on a Sunday is the best time to be on the corner of East 23rd street and 3rd Avenue in Manhattan. Here is an array of thrift shops to pour through. 5 to be exact in a 2 block radius. Housing Works, Good Will, Salvation Army, Opera Thrift Shop and Vintage Thift Shop.


Click on this google map route

If you are driving it is easy to park in the area on Sundays.
You can try on clothes in all of the shops except the Salvation Army
You can find furniture in all of the shops except the Good Will.
My favorite store to find buddhas and jewelry would be at the Good Will location.

So what I thought I'd do was tell you also about the Buddha Lounge Pizza Shop at 284East 3rd Ave, where they have a Slice of pizza and pint of beer for $5. Cool music. Bar and bathroom. Come here after doing your thift shop jaunt to relax.










While I was having a very nice time hanging out here resting my feet and chillin to the buddha lounge music...I pulled out my finds to share with you. I found the statue for $10 and the elephant necklace for $7. It was a good time. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment