Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'll go to Mooncakes by myself or with others. Either way it's always fun.


Mooncakes is home-cooked Asian comfort food...one of my favorite spots for lunch and dinner in the Chelsea and Soho area. I think they are extremely reasonable. Most items on the menu are under $10. The Chelsea space itself is the most utilititarian I've seen in the area. I like a clean and crisp kind of place. Talking about clean and crisp let me share their menu.

My favorite is the seared Tuna and Arugla salad. I don't like to be overloaded with ingredients and I definitely don't do processed food. They let you know that they use "no woks, no unhealthy fryers, no processed meat entrees, and no heavy heart-clogging sauces. What you’ll find on our menu is innovatively grilled, steamed, or roasted plates, salads, and sandwiches."


It's exciting to go somewhere that serves fresh organic food that also gives you a lot for your money...there is some presentation involved...and the music is snappy. You won't fall asleep in here. Get there about 5 minutes to 12 noon for a spot anywhere in the joint because after 12:10pm you may have to wait. Not long though...it's fun people watching until you get seated.

http://www.mooncakefoods.com/

SOHO
28 Watts St, New York, NY 10013
212.219.8888
Subway: Take C, E to Spring St
or 1 train to Canal St

CHELSEA
263 West 30th St, New York, NY 10001
212.268.2888
Subway: Take A, C, E to 34 St Penn Station or 1 train to 28 St

No comments:

Post a Comment