Friday, March 25, 2011

How to Find a Higher Power


How to Find a Higher Power | eHow.com

Moderately Challenging in the begining if you don't have a sense of a higher power. Some call God, Source, Spirit, Monkey.
What ever it may be for you it does not have to have a book written about it.

Difficulty:Challenging
Instructions
things you'll need:
•Quiet time
•Pen and paper


1. The first time I tried looking for a higher power I tested a great big old oak tree. I just wanted to place my fear and ambitions on to something that would not talk back to me. I would think of things I needed and wanted in my life and then leave them with the tree. I like to believe because I let my thoughts go somewhere and not occupy my mind it allowed movement in my life to allow what I needed to come in.

One day I found a piece of bark while I was thinking about my mother and how she was no longer alive. I looked at the bark and it had a smiling face with the rings of the bark. That happy face took away all the sadness when I remember my mom is not alive. I thought that was something greater than myself.

2. I started looking at people being messengers and angels. They probably don't even know it. Not to make people, places and things my higher power to speak through people, places and things . Example. I needed to earn a set amount of money consistently, my thoughts stayed on that concept most of my days. I would met people that eventually lead me to the person that understood and could offer me the salary I needed.

3. Another way I found a higher power was when I stopped trying to play God. I had so many different areas in my life that needed improvement, definitely serenity yet my controlled plans kept getting in the way. When I had a problem, a difficult personality... I forgave that person . I told myself that I am powerless over the situation with this person. I believed something greater than myself could restore me to sanity and I was willing to give what ever that was over to something greater than myself, not knowing what that might even look like.

I let it go. I let go of thoughts that the person was trying to hurt me. I let go of thoughts that that person wanted to attack me. I dropped all fear and negativity and let the air take it. Within days I felt a relief and freedom from thinking about this person. I don't know how it got removed. I don't' even need to know yet I do know because I was willing to let something else take over. I was freed up to let something good come in.

4. It seems to me to be a calming essence that graces me during difficult situations and during serene times it is my commitment to pause and turn over anything I think is good or bad to something greater than me and then watch to see what that something greater than me comes up with. It's always something bigger and better than what I could have ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment