Sunday, October 30, 2011

Frugal Buddha Goes to India for 11/11/11

OK this trip to India has been on my bucket list for awhile.  It just so happens that Golden Bridge,  the Kundalini yoga community I've been going to for over 10 years in Los Angeles and New York,  will host a yoga/music festival in Rishikesh, India for 11/11/11.  What is 11/11/11?  Can I say it again?

11/11/11 is a bit of a phenomenon.  It is the dawning of the Aquarian Age.  I myself have been seeing the combination of the 11/11 numbers since 1999.  I was a bit freaked out about it and kept it to myself for a long time.  Then I noticed lots of other people see the 11/11 combination.  In all honesty you can make it what ever you want it to mean.   I did begin to notice  when I came across seeing the 11/11 number combination I would feel a calmness inside me that said everything was going to be OK.  I don't mind being a nut job about this 11/11/11 thingy, just wanted to share my upcoming journey to India to celebrate.


Below is a video about the 11/11 combination.


So with the combination of the 11/11/11 celebration and my love for the Kundalini practice I just knew I had to go to India.   I did not necessarily enjoy Kundalini yoga at first until  I was introduced to the gong.  One day, Gurmukh, my first Kundalini teacher had us sit in easy pose, our hands held up high above our heads, waving in the air while a song played in the background.  She said for all of us to sing Happy Happy Happy.  I was like WTF?  I'm a native New Yorker in Los Angeles waving my hands in the air, bitchin and moaning inside, singing happy happy happy.  I was with my dear friend Haywood owner hair stylist extraordinaire of Trust Salon, West Hollywood,  who kept looking at me from  the corner of his eye without words screaming across my way, "Guuuurl.  This is some crazy shit.  Trust!"  I whispered to Haywood, "Wait for the gong.  It's all about the gong."  It's actually not all about the gong, yet I am willing to do the work, the  exercises and mantras to get to the gong.  So worth it. A natural high.  I always came home refreshed and willing to tackle life's challenges head on.  It also helped me when I quit smoking.  I did go to Nicotine Anonymous for support to quite smoking, yet  in addition practiced Kundalini to help regulate my nervous system.

What is Kundalini?
"Kundalini is the creative energy within. The whole cosmos of energy in the individual and beyond the individual. It is the energy of consciousness. Without the constant flow of energy you could not live. With a large flow your mind begins to awaken. You stop living in imaginary realities and you become to feel the real joy of this life. According to yogis Kundalini is coiled up like a snake at the base of the spine. When Kundalini is awakened through the practice of yoga, it rises. This is called the Kundalini Rising."Happyyogi.net

I'm heading out to the plane now.  I will share what happens along the way.
Below is a lovely song by my brother in law, Adam Cruz.   He too was inspired by the 11/11 combination. Enjoy.  Sat Nam!!

  Adam Cruz - 11:11 by mixtapesessions

No comments:

Post a Comment